It’s true. It’s my birthday, and this year, I’m 24 years old and still can’t get over the fact that I’m not in college anymore. The past year was my first full year of life living on my own and it was the year I landed my first full time job. A lot happened in my 24th year. Here’s some nuggets of wisdom I picked up the past 365 days of my life:
1. Quality over quantity is appropriate for every aspect of life.
2. Be brave enough to ask for what you want.
3. Good things come to those who put in their time doing bitch work.
4. Getting drunk hurts a lot worse than it did at 21, and you have stuff to do tomorrow.
5. No matter how little money you have, always make sure you have enough for lunch with friends.
6. When all else fails, call mom. She’s usually right.
7. The hard truth about moving away is that people will forget about you and exclude you.
8. Say “yes” whenever you can, but know when to tell people “no.”
9. Worrying about what other people think is a waste of time–even though we all still do.
10. Sometimes, just listening is enough.
Today, I’ll be celebrating my birthday by working a regular work day followed by the gym and dinner at Chipotle (my favorite place that I can dine in yoga pants) with Matt. Catch you next time!